- From a quiet Memorial Day weekend to a shocking surprise
- Plan B: Submit an appeal to Facebook
- Some Good News
- My thoughts about Facebook
- What have I learned from my experience with Facebook?
- Story of disabled Facebok Account covered by local news
- Better Business Bureau
- Success Story from someone who gained back their Facebook Account
- Request for appeal of deactivated account
- Bread and Butter
- Message sent to FTC
- My Message to NPR
- Let’s give Facebook a wake up call
Earlier this week, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Their promise was that they would review my complaint, and reach out to the company that I have an issue with, Facebook. Today, I received a response back:
Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 6/7/2021 against Facebook. We have accepted your complaint and have forwarded it to the business for their response. We have asked the business to reply promptly, but some disputes may take longer than others to conclude. Please be patient as we work to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
I don’t know if this will work, or if it will make any difference at all, but it seemed like it was worth a try. Sometimes, it helps to get a real life-based, old-styled authority involved when you are dealing with technology-minded individuals. It forces them to play by the rules that everybody else follows here in the real world.
The way I see it, if it worked against Freddie Krueger, it could work against Facebook, too.